The Hiker's Guide Book- IDAHO's Sawtooth Country
The Hiker’s Guide Idaho’s Sawtooth Country.
Hiking Idaho is excited to announce the completion of The Hiker’s Guide Idaho’s Sawtooth Country. The 232-page guidebook highlights 60 of the greatest walking adventures in the Sawtooth, White Cloud and Salmon River Mountains, all surrounding the Stanley Basin. Presented in an easy-to-follow format, this guidebook will help the novice hiker to the seasoned backcountry veteran discover some of the most beautiful hiking destinations in the area.
Inside the guide, look for:
- At-a-glance information including distance, total elevation gain, season, GPS waypoints, difficulty and cautionary advice.
- The author’s favorite hikes, including early season, solitude, view, wildflower, backpack, fall, easy and hikes along creeks.
- Advice on safety, wilderness etiquette and wilderness conservation.
- Local information on flora, fauna and recent wildfires.
- 36 USGS-based topographical maps.
- Over 90 photographs, 16 pages in full-color.
- Sewn-bound book which provides longevity and durability.
Free Sample Hikes
Hike #23 Alpine and Sawtooth Lakes
Be forewarned: A visit to the Alpine and Sawtooth lakes may make you want to never return home. This trek breathes Sawtooth Mountains – soaring peaks, wildflower meadows, towering Douglas fir forest, crystal-clear creeks, and cobalt-blue lakes all case within a world of granite. Although this hike is one of the more popular routes in the Sawtooth Wilderness, it would be a travesty to travel to Stanley and not see how amazingly beautiful a 10-mile walk can be.